Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A little relief

Finally, finally my knee feels a little better!  It doesn't throb in pain when I am not walking.  I am only semi limping. It doesn't hurt at night.  Maybe by next week I can RUN again!!!

Been totally lazy. But also sick and therefore I haven't worked out at all since last week. I am paranoid about the knee but was sick since Saturday so that's a good excuse, right?  I went to the oncologist today however and am NOT HAPPY with my weight.  Need to do something and now that I am feeling better and not as in pain. I am going to do the bike or ellipical, I swear. It may not be until Saturday but I AM going to do it.

News from the oncologist however is good.  He didn't find any thing to biopsy (yeay!) and I get the pap results by Friday.  He isn't worried and then I won't have to go back for another 6 months.

Calm down future grandparents if you read this, we can't even think about a baby until I am cancer free for a year.  ha ha ha.

Even though I am feeling crappy about my knee injury I have had some happy thoughts from work.  Although they seem to be sad I am leaving I have received many compliments about my work ethic, work product and personality.  I think they understand this is an opportunity I can't pass up and they too are impressed the new firm remembered me and sought me out!  If any thing I was entertaining at my current job, people have told me so. I will miss some of the people, hopefully since I am only 9 blocks away I can still see them for lunches or happy hours.  I am finally excited about the new job but nervous too. I want to impress, as always and will do what I have to do but it's a lot of pressure.

A few people haven't acted as proud or complimentary as I would like.  But I guess no one can read minds and we all react to things differently. Still...I am hurt and that seems to out shadow the good comments and I get down on myself.

NEED TO RUN AND CLEAR MY BRAIN. See what happens, things are worse in my head than they are in reality when I don't have an outlet to get rid of them.  Yeah, I know...WILL HIT THE GYM in the next two days. 

Running IS therapy...for real.

3 comments:

  1. You're awesome!
    I know you'll get back to it, and beat anything that comes your way!
    Question: Do your knees hurt worse running downhill?
    I ask because mine do-- I'm sure it's my form because I feel off kilter running down hills, but I have found a comfortable way to correct it.
    :-)

    ~Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lee, they do. Of course, with the injury it hurts REALLY bad walking down stairs or a hill...and lucky us, we are on the 3rd floor of our apartment! Try slowing a little on the run down the hill, I have always been told that will help and contain your energy too so you don't die out once you hit the bottom of the hill and have to keep running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita,
    You look great! Stop being hard on yourself. That's easy for me to say since I too make things worse in my head than they are in reality. But running helps! Hope the knee is better soon.

    ReplyDelete