Monday, November 8, 2010

Ice Ice baby...

As I write this I am icing my knee. It is so sore. I am trying not to freak out. I did stop at Target and get a knee brace, hopefully that will make a difference.  It is tight...how tight should a knee brace be?

My run was okay despite the knee. I did the 30 mins required according to my training schedule plus my usual half mile warm up and cool down.  The knee bothered me but not as much as when I stopped after the 30 mins to walk the one block I walk before my cool down. Then, it was hard to get going again. I felt good otherwise, which makes me even more mad and anxious because I know I am getting stronger but do not want this to set me back.

It was a little warmer than I would like, probably 78 or so...I was sweating. Better than 90 last Monday!  Luckily the trail is pretty soft so that was probably good for the knee.

Tomorrow night is 30x30's plus 30 mins. (30 sec fast, 30 sec slow x 12 or what I like to call Intervals).  Hope the brace will help.  Otherwise I'll just have to take it SLOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment