Monday, November 15, 2010

Day Six Knee 'Crisis'

I think if I just cut off my leg this would be much easier to deal with.  Still hurting, but not as much except when I walk. Last week it was constant.  I got this awesome stuff called KT Tape.  It's much more comfortable than a brace and moves with my knee.  I didn't apply right I don't think today but it still made a difference. Need to watch the video online again tonight. ha ha ha     http://www.kttape.com/

I still am not feeling great cold/stomach wise but plan on hitting the gym tomorrow. I feel fat and lazy and guilty for not exercising. I miss running and it's only been a week but I want this to GET BETTER.

On another note however,

I have some surprising and yet exciting news!  I got a new job!  I know, sort of shocking since but it is an opportunity I can't pass up.

I was not applying or looking for a job but last week the firm that I did some paralegal contract work for when we first moved here emailed me saying they were looking for a legal assistant and to send my resume if I wanted to be considered.  Always one to try to further my career I sent it and within a few hours they set up an interview.  I interviewed mid last week and by the end of the day they offered me a job!!

After making sure my health insurance wouldn't change much (same plan, just different policy and a little more expensive but I don't have to change doctors or pay higher co-pays)  I accepted the job on Friday!!

I will be starting December 1st.  I am excited and scared. This is a smaller firm but established. Main office is in Dallas.   I will be doing pretty much what I did at my previous firm in Atlanta, even the same kind of law.  And it's $8,000 more than I make now, woo hoo!  And they pay for parking (unlike the County right now).

Here is the firm:  http://www.fordnassen.com/

I told them even before I interviewed that we may have to move in the summer if Jon can't find a job and they still wanted me!

If any thing I feel proud that they remembered me from the 8 weeks I worked there last year and liked me enough to hire me the same day I interviewed.

Just had to share.  Should be an exciting experience!!!

I am doing the happy dance inside, can't wait for the knee to allow me to actually do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment