Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I hate the gym.

I had to run some errands after work yesterday and didn't get home until it was too dark to run outside.  I debated on and off about not exercising and just opening the lovely Torrontés I had bought to have with dinner.  But, the guilt hit me and I went to go to exercise at our apartment gym. 

It's a fine little gym but I thank god no one was in there when I went, which is odd because it was only 6:15 pm.  Usually if I have go to the gym it's before work at 5am. I was going to do the ellipitcal because my knee was a little sore from Monday's run but with no one in there and the treadmill free I decided to run.

Yes, the treadmill is not ideal for my knees but I needed to run!!!  So, I did a little warm up at 11 min mile pace. Then started my 30 min run at a 10:50 mile pace gradually increasing every 10 mins until I ended at a 10:30 mile pace.  I felt awesome.  Mind you there were no inclines or outside elements to deal with to slow me down but wow, I felt awesome.  And they have stupid mirrored walls like in most gyms but hey, I looked pretty muscular in the mirror...when running. I stop and it's back to the flabby reality.

My knee is actually okay today. I stretched a lot last night and iced. I will run again tomorrow morning.  Hopefully I can build back up the mileage.  But even if it wasn't the best scenario to run in the gym, I NEEDED that after the past two weeks.

And of course, I popped open that wine after dinner and drank away. After water and gatorade of course. hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment