Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fall is finally here in Austin

This morning it was like 40 degrees at 7:10 before our run. Perfect weather!!  I got to wear this new shirt I got. It's a dry fit long sleeve but has a hood and these thumb holes so it keeps your hands warm but the fingers are still exposed.  Three of the gals in the group wanted one and it was only $15 at Target.  All were excited. ha ha ha.

We ran 5.2 miles plus track work.  Ran 3 miles to the track. Then did quarters, so fast full lap and then walk a half lap x 5.  2.2 something back to the parking lot where we meet.  It was great.  Total we ran about an 8 min mile on the track runs...which was great but made me sad that I use to run a 7 min mile...for more than just a mile. But I know, I AM NOT 15 any more. I need to not be so hard on myself. Riiiiight.

I felt amazing.  My knee was a little sore but didn't bother me while running. I am icing it as I write this. I ended the run with a gal from my group ahead of our coaches!  My calves are tight from the fast track work but my calves are pretty much always tight.  Just need to keep on stretching.

Now, we are going to the Austin Celtic Festival at noon to watch men in kilts throw logs and herd sheep and learn about Jon's heritage.  I know the Williamsons are part of the Gunn clan, we learned that at the one in Atlanta. I am wearing our tartan scarf.   I am sure fatty foods and beer will be consumed. Really need to do my weights and ab workouts more frequently.  That's my goal, to get rid of my GUT. Ugh.

But today, I will enjoy the 70 degree weather and that I had a grrrrrreat run this morning. I can tell I am improving!

No comments:

Post a Comment