Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cold. Sore.

This post will be mostly me bitching about my hideous cold sores.  But first, I will discuss Monday's run.

I went to the trails after work.  The knee feels great. My legs feel great. The rest of me was screaming 'why god whhhyyyyy'.  I don't understand!!  I ran 45 mins and made it just fine but felt like I was going to die.  I hope that I get my grove back soon.  I am running tomorrow morning and then Saturday will be the first group run I have been to since knee crisis. I am very very nervous. It is a 9 miler. I know I can do it but think I will have to go to one of the 11 min miler groups because the way I have been feeling the past week (out of shape) I don't know if I can do the whole 9 with my 10:45 min mile group.  I am sort of depressed about it but my goal is to run it all and so what how slow. I still have almost 2 months before the race to build up speed.  I hope the slower group accepts me. I like my other group but since it's been 3-4 weeks since I have been they probably forgot me.  sob sob.

Now, on to the cold sore. I have been cursed with these stupid things since I had mono at the age of 19.  I got them with the virus and now get them when I get stressed and pms.  Sometimes it'll be a year between them and sometimes I'll get them every month for 3-4 months in a row. I have meds to help but if I wake up with one there isn't much the meds can do except dry them out quicker. It's gross and I feel like I look like a leper or a whore.  Ahhh.

Normally I just deal with it but tomorrow I start my new job and the law firm. I am excited but nervous too because I want to impress them and not have them regret seeking me out and hiring me the same day of my interview without interviewing anyone else.  LOT OF PRESSURE. I have to kick ass!

So I have like 3 cold sores and that is going to be a great first day impression and they may not want me around clients now or even LOOK at me!  Ugh.  I know, I am being ridiculous but they are really disgusting.  First day impressions are every thing!!  Apparently my MS shots make them increase...my father-in-law who is a doctor and also suffers from them explained but I won't go into that.

I am going to go running before work since I don't have to go in tomorrow until 8:30 when the other legal assistant gets there and can train me. Right now I feel fat (from not running during the knee crisis, slow running now, eating crap),  and ugly (cold sores, bad hair) . I need to pull it together and be confident on the outside even if I am not on the inside, which I can do with grace and dignity.  Hopefully the morning run will help.  It's all in my head, I know this!!  Waaa, waaa.

So, to make myself feel better I looked up pictures of celebrities that have cold sores!!  I don't like any of these people but it is making me feel better!!!

Posh Spice, with a big one!  And she's still pretty.


Katie Holmes, dang girl...those are worse than mine!


And Paris Hilton, not too bad...but she IS a slut.

4 comments:

  1. You are hilarious! I'm sure that you can sue them if they let you go because of a cold sore. Just think of all the money you will get if the day turns out crappy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself! You'll be great with both the running and the new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I USED HERBAL MEDICINE TO CURE MY HERPES VIRUS  
    I am here to testify of the good work of Dr.WOBE I was once a victim of Herpes Virus with lot of outbreaks on my body, I was cured from the Virus by the help of Dr.WOBE with his great Herbal medicine which is very active within 21 days with my Herpes result Negative, it is very active and it cost less. The doctors confirmed that the virus is no longer on my blood. You too can be cured contact him on his official email; drwobeherbalhome@gmail.com. or Whatsapp text/Call +2349064851206. He has cure for HIV, Diabetes, Cancer, Fibroid, Painful joints, hepatitis, Heart disease and Liver disease. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was cured of Herpes by this great man Dr Felix So I testify To the general public, Dr Felix is a herbal doctor from west Africa specialized in curing diseases of any kind with roots and herbs inherited from his fore fathers who has cured people from both home and Abroad. He can cure sicknesses like HIV Aids Tuberculosis Cancer Tumor of any kind high blood pressure infection of any kind ulcer arthritis Contact him today for the solution to your sickness +2349068063760 thanks or email dr.felixherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete