Sunday, November 28, 2010

I'm in shape. Round is a shape.




This morning, in the mirror after gorging myself on awesome food and drink over the past four days.  Okay, I am not hairy or a cat...but you get the idea!!!






I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had our festivities with some friends and their families who were kind enough to invite us over so we wouldn't be alone.  It was a blast, and always fun to be around family drama...that isn't yours! Then we went out Friday and Saturday night with various friends and ate, drank and were merry merry.

I did run Friday.  I ran 3.5 miles and it felt wonderful.  My knee was fine, I felt good and in shape.  I was totally lazy on Saturday though. They didn't have a formal group run and so I slept in and ran errands, did laundry etc.

Today, I got back on track.  Because I am just getting back into running since my injury I was a little nervous that I have lost all the distance I had gained. Even though I had three great runs last week.  Not the same as getting back up in the miles again.

I decided to run an easy 6.5, easy as in SLOW.  I had a great pace the first 4 miles. It really felt awesome.  It was about 60 degrees when I went out around 10 am, which was a little warm but even so, very good.  I sort of lost steam between the 4-5.5. miles. I didn't stop though, my goal was to do the DISTANCE comfortably and not walk.  I picked it up the last half mile.  My knee is a tad sore but not bad at all. Actually, my hams and calves are more tight than any thing.  I stretched and stretched and plan to do some later as well.

Over all I am very happy and excited to see how I do next week and want to put some of the speed work back in.  Nervous however about the next group run, which I think is 8 or 9 miles...I may have to go back a time group until I really build back up the speed. I haven't been to the group in three weeks due to the knee crisis. Then, I can focus on the weight issue.  Ah!!!   I am trying not to get discouraged, today really helped that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment