Sunday, January 9, 2011

"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness seem classy."

After the alarm issue with the iPhone last week and sleeping in and missing the 10 mile group run I decided to run 8 on my own.  It was a nice crisp Sunday morning and I felt great.  Pretty flat neighborhood I ran through and I hadn't set up my new Garmin watch yet so I don't know what pace I was at but really thought I was crusin' along.  GREAT way to start the new year I thought to myself.

Then came Monday.

I am not saying I didn't run at all last week. But it was so crappy I felt like I didn't run.

Monday morning I went to the gym and did 25 mins on the treadmill. It was like a sauna in there. The management had the heat on but just in the gym. STUPID. I was dying.  I hate the treadmill any ways and then with that horrible heat! I could feel the hot air coming from the vent above me.  I tried to look around for the control but it's inside the actual office area that is locked at 5:30 AM. 

Ick I thought.  At least I ran and thought maybe it'll be better Tuesday. Not so.  Just as hot.  I just did elliptical and weights.

Weds was my off day so Thursday I thought I'd try running outside even though it's dark and early in the morning.  Just to see if it is safe etc, any one else out there etc.  Well, this week back at work was quite busy.  Much different than my first few weeks on the job. I was pretty much exhausted every night when I got home. So yeah, I totally slept that extra hour on Thursday.

Did plan to go after work, at least to the gym since it's dark and lots of traffic by our place but no, J on and I decided to try this new restaurant by us instead.  I can't say no to good food. And I ate, a lot,and felt totally guilty for it.

LAZY RITA.  Needless to say, I was NERVOUS about the 12 miler come Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment