Thursday, January 27, 2011

Back attack!!


I am so upset. Seriously.  Monday morning I was in the shower shaving my legs and all of a sudden I had this horrible lower back spasm. It was so bad I didn't think I was going to be able to stand back up.  I have never had something like this before, very very random.  I researched online (good and bad thing) and talked to friends who have had them.  I had to go to work Monday because I still don't have vacation/sick time accrued and I have no clue how I made it through the day.  I did some yoga type stretches and put the heating pad on it that night and have continued to do so since then.  Plus, the max amount of advil.

It's a little better than Monday but not much.  Usually it loosens up in the afternoon some but the pain is still there. 

I did go run 3 miles Weds morning. From what I read (and can tell from my own experience this week) moving helps it. Even walking around at work makes it feel better.  My run was great.  I ran outside at 5:30 am and it barely hurt at all. I was so excited.  I went to stretch of course and couldn't bend over but honestly with the race Sunday I just want to RUN and deal with the consequences after.

However, this morning it is REALLY sore. I have no clue why!  Did I do too much yesterday?  Too much stretching/walking?  The bad thing is, it loosens late in the day but on Sunday I'll be done before it does! 

Even walking today it's sore but I think I'll just keep moving, walking/jogging Sunday morning and hopefully it'll be okay.  At this point I just want to run the whole thing. I am so upset.  I thought I'd have some relief by day 4 now!   It's better than Monday but that's not saying much. I haven't worn heels, I even stretch at work.

And there's no way I sprained it or something horrible because I was just shaving. However, I thought of several things that may have aggravated it over the weekend. Like, taking my cats to the vet (carrying 30 lbs is a lot), carring the litter (another 25lbs), changing the litter, dancing and walking all over town Saturday night in heels...the bending over to shave could have been the literal 'straw that broke the camels back'!

It is from what I have read a typical 'lower back spasm' and you can just heat, stretch and take advil. Seems like it's not very serious, except for the serious PAIN I am in!!  But of course I am getting paranoid it's something worse...and I want to ROCK THE RACE ON SUNDAY.

Any suggestions out there?  I know, just stay calm right?  I am about to cry so I had to get this out there before I lose it.  Stupid body.  Don't fail me now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment